September 25, 2007

Retreated!

It was an awesome weekend at North Bay Adventure Camp with the 6th-12th graders on their retreat! I hadn't been on one of those things since my senior year in the youth group (which was actually 10 years ago at approximately the same time of the year, now that I think about it). I spent my Saturday on my feet, setting endless tables, dropping countless pieces of silverware, lugging around exorbitant amounts of food, and saying "Tiramisu?" eight billion times. But it was well worth it - God uses those small, seemingly unimportant moments to prompt bigger moments, and I can't wait to see what happened because I went. I know one day I'll find out, and that is enough for me.

And in the meantime, something else has retreated - my health. I never completely found my voice last week (I'm sure it's in the stadium where I left it), and over the weekend, came down with a cold (as opposed to a 'hot'). I am still feeling a little under the weather, but thankfully much better than yesterday, which was a day that included drug-induced sleep, a very sore throat, medication, a nose that ran away with itself, and a general achiness all over. I have to say, though, if I was going to take a sick day, Monday was thankfully the day to take it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cassie,
I'm sorry to hear that you have been feeling under the weather. I've had a bit of a cold since Sunday night, but not enough to stay home (have I said that before? :) ).

It was cool seeing you and the other KP staff on the retreat, helping out to serve the kids and the TEC team. Thank you so much for your service!

Patrick