September 07, 2007

The Grey Havens, Part the Second!

Well, here it is!


After the reheresal dinner, we all went back to the inn and spent a good hour folding Misty's programs. If you click on the picture, you'll be able to see them better. They were folded like this game we used to play, the one where you'd fold a piece of paper on it in about 20 ways (or some such number) and then read off numbers and colors and count and then you'd supposedly get your fortune read. When we were growing up, my cousins and I would spend hours playing that game. It was neat to see. And I have no idea what my father was doing to have made a face like that...

The cliffs by the water's edge that I spent some time climbing. I climbed down to them Saturday afternoon, as we had loads of free time before the wedding started. I spent a good bit of down on the dock too.


A view of the dock and an idea of how far down I came to get to the water's edge. It wasn't all that harrowing. ;-)


On the cliffs.


And yet another view off the cliff.


My brother and his girlfriend, Alisha. She's the sweetest thing ever!


Wedding time! My at-that-time cousin-to-be waiting intently for his bride. Where is she?


Oh, there she is! And she was absolutely gorgeous!


They said their own vows to each other. Oddly enough, I could only here Keith's as where I was standing with my mom and our flutes/the flute stand, the wind was to us, and we couldn't here a word she said. (*Note to self: send her an email to ask her what she said.)


"'Nother one bites the dust..." The deed is done!


Nana, Aunt Carmen, Misty & Keith, Kevin, Angel and Autumn. My family has made me so very happy. :-)


Wedding funness!


All partied out and time to head to bed...


...but not before cake! Okay, confession: I didn't really like this cake. I can say that without feeling guilty because Mist was telling me up until the night before that she was jealous of the wedding cake I'd gotten at my brother's wedding. And after tasting her cake, I had to say that I agreed with her. Mrs. Z's wedding cake has now spoiled me! But it still was pretty.


Sunrise on Sunday. It was so peaceful.


And the sea looked like glass and those ships called me home...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cassie,
These are captivating, and breathtaking pictures! Thank you so much for sharing them. I'm really happy for your family too. It looks like it was a very serene, and simple kind of wedding. I love your insightfullness in your musings too. I'm looking forward to the upcoming retreat!