October 15, 2007

Homecoming

This past Saturday was the University of Delaware's Homecoming. Highlights from this year include:

-playing my flute in Alumni Marching Band. Sure, that called for an 8 a.m. rehersal time, but getting up at the crack of dawn is so well worth it.
-catching up with old friends from my marching band days.
-watching the University of Delaware football team beat Northeastern, 30-20.
-playing "In My Life" with the 'baby band' down on the field after the game.

The added bonus was that things were wrapped up early enough so that I could have a decent amount of time to myself the rest of the day. For the first time in a rather long time, I didn't have anything planned (and I purposely kept my schedule open just for that reason - it's been too long).

It was also a reminder of God's faithfulness; I'd been praying and preparing for a potentially "interesting" (the only word I can think of to describe it, a word that can be defined in so many different ways) situation that I could find myself in, a situation that I didn't want to be in. Especially within the last week, I had been (besides getting nervous and worrying) praying for and asking God for the strength and courage to do and say the right things that I knew would need to be said when I found myself talking to a certain person I used to know in band, for I had assumed that they would be there as well. It hadn't even occurred to me to ask God for anything else. When I walked in to band practice on Saturday morning, the person wasn't there. It's amazing the answers to our prayers the Lord gives - totally unexpected, unlooked for, but so appreciated.

No comments: