August 08, 2007

Stephanie Weber Colmery

My very wonderful friend Stephanie got married last month! Her new husband's name is Doug, and even though I don't know him that well, he makes her very happy. I wasn't able to attend their wedding because I was in Morocco (07/07/07). She had an open house/reception at her family's house that I was able to go to and see her and Doug and just celebrate with them.

Stephanie and I have been friends since highschool. We both worked together at the bookstore, and then together at Great Stuff. We ended up going to UD together, and took several classes together. We did Marching Band one semester together, and then regular band for a few more semesters after that. And we were both involved with InterVarsity during college too.

Some of my best memories of the two of us are when she and I would walk back to where my car was parked all the way across campus after band practice and I would give her rides home, and we'd talk about what God was doing in our lives and the struggles that we both faced in college and life. I'd go home with her after band and just visit with her family and consequently, I was able to watch and get to know her younger siblings as they all grew up, and she has quite a few of those! She was the one who taught me the beginnings of playing the guitar and most recently let me borrow her guitar to take with me to Morocco. She singlehandedly saw that I got to go on one of the spring break trips that IV sponsors every year while I was in college, and one year for my birthday made me a little memory tape over the course of a semester that has her reading Scripture verses and singing songs on it. She spent a summer during college in Uganda and then just last year spent approximately six months working in Sudan as a nurse. Now, she works right down the road at the local hospital, doing what she does best, which is serving and loving others.

She is one of the most beautiful women I have had the privilege of knowing, and always has time for those she knows and loves, not stopping until she knows how you're really doing, and I am incredibly thankful that I get to call her 'friend.'

1 comment:

Stephe said...

Hi, Cassie! Thanks so much for your lovely words of encouragement! Been so long since I've talked with you...I started a blog of my own since you have a blog like this one. :)