August 04, 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum

I just got back a short while ago from seeing The Bourne Ultimatum. My brother and his wife came over earlier to ask if any of us wanted to hang out with them this evening and go see it, so of couse I went. I loved the first two and was really looking forward to this one coming out, and I was not disappointed! I don't really want to say much about it, as it's still fairly new, and I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I think I might need to watch it again, as we didn't arrive at the theater when we meant to, which meant the only seats available were the ones directly underneath the screen. Since sitting in that section to watch that type of movie is usually a guaranteed prescription for a headache, I think a second viewing at some point in the near future is and will be in order.

The only thing spoilerish in nature that I will say is that there is one sequence of events that takes place in Tangiers, Northern Morocco. The characters run around in the Medina; all of the action takes place there, and it gives a rather good and accurate depiction of how the streets of the city of Fes were put together. As I watched the screen, I had a rather hard time containing my excitement as I saw it, for it was as if I'd stepped back into Morocco. One of the characters said, 'Sukran,' (translated: 'Thank you') and my automatic response was to silently think, 'Bla gmil!' (translated: 'You're welcome'). It's what comes from taking a class in Arabic. It was then that I wished I'd had someone from my team nearby, for no one else would have understood my excitement. Here everyone else behind me was gasping and oohing and aahing at the action in the scene, and I was getting excited over a word. ;-)

Anyway, go see it! It's awesome!

1 comment:

BeckyP said...

Awesome, awesome movie. Haven't read the books, though. Not sure I want to ruin how much I enjoy the movies. He's definitely the American James Bond!