December 11, 2008

Christmas Miracle

My cousin's son, Caleb (age 4) was born with some sort of heart defect. He had to have open heart surgery when he was just a few days old. It had recently been determined that he still had heart issues - something called Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection (TAPVC). His heart wasn't growing the way it was supposed to; I think in layman's terms, his ventricles were squeezing his heart into an hour-glass shape. At least, that was what was determined when they took the ultrasound on him a month ago.

He was scheduled for surgery today and tomorrow at A. I. Dupont Children's Hospital, but when the doctors went in to put a catheter in, they couldn't find anything wrong with heart.

And I believe in miracles. And that prayer changes things.

The doctors determined that he has some type of athsma, and will of course be continuing to watch him, especially since he was born with a heart condition. But I guess God's ways are higher than ours.

"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength."

1 comment:

Eugene said...

I believe in miracles as well. Its all in part due to the handiwork of our amazing, all loving, God (O:+ Thanks for sharing this. It reminds me that God is and always in control.