November 19, 2007

Silver Linings

To combat the greyness that's taken over again:

Weekend Highlights!
- Going to a DE beach I'd never been to before!
- Breakfast and second breakfast on Saturday.
- A good retreat with Jan, Beth and company. Being able to share what's on my heart. Getting to know, spend time with and invest in the lives of other people.
- Taking care of a necessary evil and in the company of a good friend. It's always much better to have to do the annoying things in life with a good friend by your side who understands the annoyance.
- Hanging out with Bethany and spending the night at her house Saturday night!
- Not getting lost in the city of Wilmington.
- Being the one to help Jill with her baptism on Sunday. Getting to listen to her testimony and hear how absolutely amazing God is. Realizing that there is a much bigger story out there that I rarely focus on because I'm too self-centered.
- Having lunch with the wonderful Emily, who is home from college on Thanksgiving break.
- Seeing Bethany randomly run up to me in the middle of the parking lot at Panera Bread, with her waving my cell phone (which I'd left at her house), saying that here was my phone. No charger, but at least I have my cell phone.
- Praying in a parking lot.
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Karl's house.
- Realizing that, since I had to go to the 6 o'clock service to pick up the glasses I'd left at Lois' house anyway, there must have been a reason for going, and then sure enough, finding out that there was.

No comments: