March 14, 2008

Have a Cow

I walked over to Karen's office as I was posting next week's schedule, and one of the regular stops on that trek is through her office. I took my animal crackers with me, for I was hungry and needed that last minute sugar rush to get me through the last hour of the day.

I knew immediately upon entrance to her office that she was frustrated about something. Offered to help if she needed it, though there really wasn't much she said I could do. She did start to vent because of her frustrations and in an effort to cheer her up, I set my crackers down, pulled the first one out to hand to her, and immediately put it right back because I'd noticed it's head had been broken off. So I grabbed the next one, which I only recognized because of the udders.

"Here, have a cow."

It was only then did I realize what I had said.

We then spent about 5 minutes going back and forth, amidst bouts of hysterical laughter --

"You planned that, didn't you? You really do want me to have a cow over this!"

"No, honestly, I swear, that didn't even cross my mind."

Maybe you had to be there. It was really funny none-the-less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cassie,
I think it is hysterical. I can totally picture the two of you cracking up over that.
Sometimes God uses us in the funniest of ways to encourage others!