January 10, 2008

Quiet

I've been rather quiet lately. I think I have good reason to.

Within the last three weeks, the following has happened here at the church:

-- Jollie announced her retirement.
-- Bill and Alene announced that they were leaving to start another church.
-- Jean passed away.
-- Karen had an MRI done that revealed a herniated disc she'd had for the past two+ months.
-- Michelle's dad passed away.
-- Bill P. fell and broke his nose, hand and busted up several fingers.
-- Brenda's brother-in-law, who has been ill for quite some time, took a turn for the worse and is on the verge of passing away.

Death, loss and pain sometimes seem to swallow up everything around them. And I remain quiet.

It's at times like these when I really don't feel like talking about what's going on because there really is nothing to be said.

So, I'll just continue to be quiet.

Hopefully, I will feel like talking more soon.

1 comment:

Snoyarc said...

My dear Cassie!

You stay silent while you need to be, when you want to talk feel free. I am here for you no matter what you need, and will pray for you. Whenever you need me, let me know and I will do whatever I can for you.

Hugs are yours whenever you need them! I love you dear sister!